- Living in Frederick
- Clean Up Days
Clean Up Days
You are looking great, Frederick! Here are some quick stats from Spring Clean Up Days:
- 656 vouchers for a free trip to the landfill were issued to Frederick residents
- 500 lbs of food was donated to the Carbon Valley Help Center by Frederick residents
- 597 electronics were dropped off to be recycled
- 57 senior residents were helped out with a curbside pick-up
- 40 loads of tree limbs were dropped off
The Frederick Public Works Department offers programs in April and October for Frederick residents to dispose of unwanted items, electronics, and tree limbs.
Fall Clean Up Days - October Programs and Details
Landfill Voucher Program
Town of Frederick residents can use a voucher for one free trip (see below for “one free trip” definition) to the Front Range Landfill (1830 Weld County Road 5, Erie, CO 80516) during April and October.
Landfill voucher pick-up will start on Monday, September 25, at the Administrative Services Building (311 Fifth St.) between 8 am to 5 pm. The fall voucher will be redeemable for your one free trip from Monday, October 2, through Tuesday, October 31. One voucher per Town of Frederick residence. This program is only for Town of Frederick residents with an active utility account which includes payment of trash services. Bring your ID and proof of residency.
The voucher is good for one (1) load up to one (1) ton. Please note, one load is defined as:
- A single-vehicle or truck with items
- OR a single trailer with items. A vehicle/truck with items pulling a trailer with items is considered two loads, and additional charges will apply.
- A maximum one-ton limit applies. Additional items/weight will be subject to fees from the landfill, paid by the resident at the time of disposal.
Visit the Front Range Landfill website for operating hours and limitations. Have questions about using the landfill? Take a look at the Front Range Landfill FAQ's.
- ITEMS ACCEPTED: Visit the Front Range Landfill website to view a list of accepted waste, white goods for recycling (appliance list), and unaccepted waste. As a Municipal Solid Waste Landfill (MSW), the Front Range Landfill is authorized only to accept certain types of materials. All incoming loads are subject to random inspection.
- ITEMS NOT ACCEPTED: Oils, paints, batteries, hazardous materials, tires, appliances, or electronics (see below for Town of Frederick Electronic Recycling Days). Are you looking for a place that accepts these items? Scroll down for resources.
Questions? Call 720.382.5500
Senior Item Pickup
Seniors 65 and over who don't have the means to take their items to the Front Range Landfill can call Public Works to request a curbside pickup during select times of the year. This service is also available to people with disabilities who do not have the means to take their items to the landfill. Curbside assistance is for those that qualify and are residents of the Town of Frederick and pay for trash services.
Details for Senior Item Curbside Pickup
- Seniors must call 720.382.5800 to request a curbside pickup by noon on Friday, October 20. When you call, please have your information and a list of the items you are asking to be picked up.
- Senior Item Pickup Dates are Wednesday, October 25, Thursday, October 26, and Friday, October 27.
- This service is for Frederick senior homeowners only with an active utility account that includes trash services.
- ITEMS NOT ACCEPTED: Construction/building materials, remodeling materials, carpeting, oils, paints, batteries, tires, and/or appliances.
Electronics Recycling Program
Do you have electronics to recycle? Public Works offers free electronics recycling during the clean-up season! No voucher required, but please bring your proof of Frederick residency. This program is only for Town of Frederick residents with an active utility account which includes payment of trash services. All upcoming electronics recycling dates will be listed below:
Electronics Recycling dates and times at Public Works (7301 Eagle Blvd.):
- Wednesday, October 25, from 11 am to 3 pm
- Thursday, October 26, from 11 am to 3 pm
- Friday, October 27, from 11 am to 3 pm
- Saturday, October 28, from 8 am to 11 am
Details for Electronics Recycling:
- Each household will be required to show an ID with their Frederick address or their ID and a copy of a Town utility bill to prove residency. This program is only for Town of Frederick residents with an active utility account which includes payment of trash services. No voucher required.
- Each household is limited to one drop-off during the four days the program is open.
- Each household is limited to five (5) electronic items to recycle. Each household is limited to only two (2) televisions, and three (3) other electronic items, for a total of five (5) electronic items to recycle. This program is only for Town of Frederick residents with an active utility account that includes trash services.
- Residents will be responsible for removing their items for recycling.
- Dates and times for electronics recycling: Pull into south end of the Public Works building (7301 Eagle Blvd.) by the Groot wood carving. Please follow the signage to the entrance.
- Read the Accepted Electronics and Unaccepted Electronics list. Staff on site reserves the right to deny electronics.
Tree Limb Disposal
This program is offered year-round for Town of Frederick residents. No voucher is required, but please bring your proof of Frederick's residency. This program is only for Town of Frederick residents with an active utility account which includes payment for trash services. See dates, times, and details below.
Tree limb disposal dates and times:
- March - Saturday, March 25, from 8 am to 11 am
- April - Saturday, April 29, from 8 am to 11 am
- May - Saturday, May 27, from 8 am to 11 am
- June - Saturday, June 24, from 8 am to 11 am
- July - Saturday, July 29, from 8 am to 11 am
- August - Saturday, August 26, from 8 am to 11 am
- September - Saturday, September 30, from 8 am to 11 am
- October - Saturday, October 28, from 8 am to 11 am
- November, December, January, and February are by appointment only. Call 720.382.5800 to make an appointment. No weekend appointments are available. Appointments will be offered from 7 am to 4 pm, Monday through Friday.
Details for Tree Limb Disposal:
- Limbs must be no larger than 8" in diameter and no longer than 10'.
- A pickup truck and a trailer of equal size are permitted. Large trailers, roll-offs, box trucks, and large trucks are not allowed into the yard.
- Each household will be required to show an ID with their Frederick address or their ID and a copy of a Town utility bill to prove residency. No voucher required, but please bring your proof of Frederick residency.
- Residents will be responsible for removing their brush and limbs.
- Pull into south end of the Public Works building (7301 Eagle Blvd.) by the Groot wood carving. Please follow signage to the entrance.
Hazardous Waste DisposalResidential hazardous materials and waste including cleaners, paints, batteries, aerosols, motor oil, oil filters, gasoline, antifreeze, and pesticides can be taken to the Weld County Household Hazardous Waste Facility for free disposal. Good hazardous materials can be donated and available for free as well. The facility is located between I-25 and Colorado Boulevard at 5500 Highway 52, Dacono, CO, 80514. For more information call 970.304.6415 ext 2233 or visit the Weld County Hazardous Waste Disposal web page.
Please note, this program is for Weld County residents only.
North Household Hazardous Waste Facility
1311 North 17th Avenue
Greeley, CO 80634
Open every Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday*
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
South Household Hazardous Waste Facility
5500 Highway 52
Dacono, CO 80514
Open every Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday*
9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
1311 North 17th Avenue
Greeley, CO 80634
Open the second Tuesday and the fourth Saturday of each month
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
*We are closed for all major holidays including the Saturday following or prior to the holiday if the holiday is on a Friday or Monday.
Business waste will be accepted by appointment only and will not be accepted on residential drop-off days (those days listed above). Please call (970) 400-2217 for more information.