Street cleaning is done for safety reasons and is also an important component of the town’s Stormwater Management Plan.
Protecting Water Quality
Many of our storm sewers lead directly to lakes, ditches, or streams. Street cleaning removes dirt and debris from town streets, protects water quality, minimizes the burden on the storm sewer system from surface debris, and prevents physical damage to pavements.
Washing a vehicle or rinsing the deck of a lawnmower in the driveway puts unwanted material in our streets. Grass clippings blown into the road, dog droppings, trash, paper, anti-freeze, gas & motor oil are all unwanted materials flushed into the street and down the storm sewer when it rains. Blowing snow into the street also adds to the problem because it causes our snowplow crew to use more anti-icing agents to keep the roads safe for travel.
What You Can Do to Help
There are various things Frederick residents can do to help Town staff maintain a cleaner Town:
- We ask that vehicles are moved from the street between 7 am and 4 pm during the week your area is scheduled for sweeping. Subject to change due to weather or any other changes that may occur.
- Keep alleys behind homes clean.
- Pick up and dispose of grass clippings through your garbage pickup.
- Wash your vehicle with a bucket and sponge.
- In general, discard trash in the proper manner.
- Public Works will make every effort to have our cleaners sweep all neighborhoods at least once every six weeks but appreciate your understanding that during the summer, priorities can change quickly. We ask that cars be removed from the street between the hours of 6 am to 3 pm during the week your area is scheduled.
Street Cleaning Schedule
Click here to learn about the town’s street maintenance. Please note, not all streets and roads within Town limits are maintained by the Town. For example, a new development or neighborhood may still be under warranty and therefore, still the responsibility of the developer.
April 5, May 17, June 28, Aug 9, Sept 20 – Downtown Frederick, Parkview, Maple Ridge, Coal Ridge
April 12, May 24, July 5, Aug 16, Sept 27 – Countryside, Westview, Savannah, Angel View, Carriage Hills
April 19, May 31, July 12, Aug 23, Oct 4 – Raspberry Hill, Eagle Valley, Summit View, Fox Run
April 26, June 7, July 19, Aug 30 – The Farm, No name Creek, Moore Farm
May 3, June 14, July 26, Sept 6 – Morningside, Wildflower, Wyndham Hill, Rinn Valley
May 10, June 21, Aug 2, Sept 13 – Bear industrial park, Frederick west business park, Glacier business park