- Your Government
- Economic Development
- Urban Renewal Authority
Frederick Urban Renewal Authority
On May 14, 2013, the Board of Trustees voted unanimously to establish the Frederick Urban Renewal Authority (FURA). FURA has the ability to establish tax-increment financing districts in Frederick in order to spur reinvestment in areas of physical or economic decline.
If you own property in Frederick and are interested in making needed improvements to that property, you may qualify for tax benefits to do so. Please contact Ryan Johnson, Assistant Town Manager at 720.382.5538 for more information.
Agenda and Minutes
Agendas and minutes for FURA can be accessed in the Agenda Center.
Tracie Crites, Chair
Adam Mahan, Commissioner
Mark Lamach, Commissioner
Kevin Brown, Commissioner
Dan, March, Commissioner
Perry Buck, Commissioner
Chico Garcia, Commissioner
Christopher Vigil, Commissioner
Chad teVelde, Commissioner
Windi Padia, Commissioner
There is currently one vacancy on the Frederick Urban Renewal Authority. If you are interested in serving on the Authority, please complete an application.
Who Can Apply?
- Residents of the Town of Frederick
- Complete the Online Application
- An applicant may choose to provide a letter of interest and/or resume
- Members may not have direct or indirect financial or economic interest in any business or undertaking that may have business before the Board/Commission/Committee for which the applicant is applying.
- Please complete an online application.
- Biannually - Generally in May and October
- Applicants are required to attend an interview with representative(s) from the Board. Interviews are scheduled in May and October of each year.
- The interview panelists will make a recommendation to the Board of Trustees following interviews. The recommended applicant(s) will be invited to an upcoming Board meeting for appointment by the Board of Trustees.
If you have any questions regarding Boards, Commissions, or Committees, or would like information about agendas and/or minutes, please contact the Town Clerk's Office at 720.382.5500.
Map of Urban Renewal Locations
An urban renewal authority may be established for the purpose of eliminating slum or blighted areas within a municipality and clearing such areas for development or redevelopment. If an urban renewal plan is approved for a specific area, Tax Increment Financing may be used to remove the blight. Visit our Urban Renewal Map to see areas that are currently identified by FURA.
Notice of Receipt of Budget
FURA received a copy of the proposed 2021 FURA Budget on October 15, 2020 in compliance with the requirements of the Colorado Revised Statutes. A copy of the proposed budget may be viewed at Town Hall, 401 Locust Street, Frederick, Colorado 80530 during normal business hours (7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday – Friday).
All inquiries relating to the budget should be directed to the Executive Director Bryan Ostler.
Posted this 15th day of October, 2020 by Meghan C. Martinez, Assistant Secretary to FURA.