- Your Government
- Economic Development
- Downtown Revitalization
One of the Mayor and Board of Trustees' key objectives is the need to place a strong emphasis on the revitalization of Downtown Frederick. This compliments the Downtown Development Plan, completed in December 2009. Downtown Frederick is poised and prepared for success – join us!
Programs & Initiatives
Programs & Initiatives
Downtown Frederick has a framework and foundation to ensure success. Businesses, property owners, residents, public officials, Chambers of Commerce, and other local economic development entities must be well represented.
With this in mind, the following is taking place:
Regular meetings involving various entities with plans to establish an independent Downtown Business Association. This group would promote their businesses, sponsor events, and organize to accomplish goals and objectives.
Exploring the option of an Entertainment District to be coupled with downtown events for outdoor entertainment.
Through promotional events, the goal is to create excitement in downtown. Downtown festivals, a weekly farmer’s market, and image development campaigns are some ways Downtown Frederick encourages customer traffic.
For more information, please contact Angela Wilson and check out the downtown events calendar.
- Creation of the Facade Improvement Program
- A Gazeebo in Crist Park that will play host to the Downtown Sounds concert series
- A splash pad in Crist Park
- New banners in the downtown and along Colorado Boulevard to promote downtown and its events
- Bike racks to promote other ways to travel downtown
- Added benches, trash bins, and flower pots
- Improve parking by clearly identifying existing parking while also creating more parking
- Adjustment and addition of new signage for the downtown @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- An Urban Renewal Authority that will focus on the redevelopment and revitalization of blighted property in the downtown was established. This is one of many economic development tools the town uses along with Tax Increment Financing (TIF).
- Creations of various incentives that will encourage business locations in downtown.
- Major changes in the town's Land Use Code that include, encourage and provide flexible options to various business types. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Helpful Points of Contact
- Promotional Development - Angela Wilson
- Facade Improvement Program - Ryan Johnson
- Economic Development Director - Ryan Johnson @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>