- Temporary Use Permits
- Backyard Chicken License
- Beekeeping License
- All Other (Building Permit, Sign Permit, Business License, etc.)
*The Temporary Use Application process will be available January 1, 2024. Until then, please reach out to the Public Works Department.
Fill out the Temporary Use Application Form and email to the Planner on Duty. For more information on Temporary Use Permits and how they differ from Special Events, please visit Special Event & Temporary Use Permits
*For anything which includes the use of right-of-way property, the application will be forwarded to the Engineering Department. A traffic plan may be required.
The bylaws of many homeowner association (HOA) do not allow poultry of any kind. The Town of Frederick encourages residents to research their individual homeowner association regulations.
If chickens are allowed by your HOA, here are the rules within the Town of Frederick:
- Up to six (6) hens may be kept.
- Roosters are not permitted.
- No on-site slaughtering is allowed.
- A license is required to legally have backyard chickens on your property. The license is free, will only be issued once, and is not required to be renewed.
The bylaws of many homeowner association (HOA) do not allow bees or insects of any kind. The Town of Frederick encourages residents to research their individual HOA regulations.
If bee keeping is allowed by your HOA, here are a few things to know about what the Town of Frederick permits:
- Bee colonies shall be kept in hives with movable frames, which shall be kept in sound and usable condition.
- Hives must be located in the rear yard.
- Hives must be located at least five feet (5’) from a property line.
- A fresh supply of water shall be provided for all hives.
- Africanized bees and hybrids of Africanized bees are prohibited.
- A license is required to legally keep bees on your property. The license is free, will only be issued once, and is not required to be renewed.
https://www.frederickco.gov/392/town-clerk https://www.frederickco.gov/392/town-clerk Short-term Rentals
Contact the Town Clerk's office to inquire about short term rental requirements.