Community Grant Program
The Town of Frederick is pleased to sponsor community organizations and community-minded individuals offering programming for the benefit of the community.
The Town wishes to provide assistance for programs, events or projects that contribute to the positive image of Frederick and provide opportunities for informal education, community building and family entertainment. The entity must demonstrate a financial need and exhibit how the event connects to the Frederick Community.
The Town is able to provide both direct financial support and some types of in-kind support (i.e. police, public works assistance, etc.) to which a monetary value is assigned. Grants are awarded by the Town Board of Trustees based on the applicant meeting the requirements of the application and on the merits of the project as described in the application.
The Town strongly encourages applicants to speak with the Town Clerk, who processes the applications for the Board, before completing and submitting applications. The Town Clerk is able to answer questions and help ensure the application is complete and appropriate for Board review.
Everyone receiving funds will be required to submit a follow-up report on the event/project and the use of funds. The report must be provided to the Town Board within 60 days following the completion date of the project, event, etc. Failure to submit a report could impact future grant awards from the Town.
Who can apply?
- Non-profit organizations registered with the Colorado Secretary of State as such.
- A qualified 501(c)(3)tax-exempt organization as recognized by the Internal Revenue Service.
- Taxing authorities may not apply; however, groups such as PTOs, booster clubs and athletic teams may apply under the umbrella of their respective schools.
What do I need to include in my application?
- Application including all required attachments.
- A copy of the requesting organization’s Certificate of Good Standing from the Secretary of State indicating non-profit status.
- A copy of the IRS Determination Letter.
- A list of your organization’s Board of Directors or other body of officers.
Are there any restrictions?
- Donated funds must be used in connection with the request and may not be utilized for administrative costs.
- Requests may not exceed $500; however, organizations may request additional funding by demonstrating a financial need. If you are requesting funding exceeding $500 please complete the additional funding form.
What do I need to include in my follow-up report?
- Brief explanation of the event/program and its’ impact and benefit to the Town of Frederick including a breakdown of the use of funds provided by the Town of Frederick.
How do I submit my materials?
Applicants may submit an application in the following two ways:
- Complete an /FormCenter/Town-Clerk-Forms-18/Community-Grant-Application-27online application
- Submit a /formcenter/town-clerk-forms-18/community-grant-application-276 hard copy to the Town Clerk's Office at Town Hall (401 Locust Street).