Summer in Frederick is going to be FUN!
Meet up with Mayor Crites on July 6 at 4 pm for Tee and Tea Time at Bella Rosa Golf (5830 Bella Rosa Parkway). Stop by for some iced or hot tea and share your Frederick feedback, ask questions, or just get to know one another. Let’s collaborate on how to continue to be Built On What Matters.
- Slow the Flow! We enjoyed a wet spring, but now we are experiencing hot, dry temperatures. As a result, water usage soars in the summer as we do our darndest to keep our lawns looking beautiful, lush, and green. Now is an excellent time to take advantage of a free sprinkler consultation. The Town of Frederick partners with Resource Central to help you customize your watering schedule to reduce water usage, which will help with your water bill!
- Have you heard? We are FRED! You may notice this saying or see it in our Town buildings and wonder what it means. It is a reminder of the culture we are cultivating internally with Town team members to consider Family, Respect, Empowerment, and Dedication in our daily interactions. Of course, this thinking carries over into our interactions with you – the community!
- Have you signed up for CodeRED? We want to make sure you are prepared for an immediate emergency such as police activity in your neighborhood, severe weather events, and more.
- Seeing everyone at events is one of my favorite things about being the Mayor. Being able to chat about what's on your mind and hearing about your concerns, suggestions and compliments drives us to continue to do our best for our growing community. I look forward to seeing you at Tee & Tea Time at Bella Rosa on Tuesday, July 6, your neighborhood's Community Tour & Talk, and of course at Chainsaws & Chuckwagons this month!
- The board is continuing to focus on our strategic goals and goodness we are already starting to feel these accomplishments. Your feedback and suggestions are hard at work, particularly via a sub-area plan that will help to attract retail and restaurants closer to I25 at the entrance of Frederick. We are careful to consider our small-town charm and preservation of our historic downtown while balancing the need for amenities and sales tax revenue. Good things ahead for FRED.
Town of Frederick Mayor, Tracie Crites