- Your Government
- Boards & Commissions
- Historic Preservation Committee
Historic Preservation Committee
About the Historic Preservation Advisory Committee
The Historic Advisory Committee can consist of seven members. The committee has the following responsibilities:
- To create and maintain an inventory of historical assets within the Town of Frederick.
- To advise the Board of objects, structures or other features in the Town with historic significance that may be in danger of being lost or damaged.
- To assess the community for key community places, buildings and historic resources and develop an historic preservation policy that will enable the Town to designate historic structures.
- Publicize and disseminate the history of the Town through educational programming, publication, social media, etc. working in coordination and collaboration with other commissions and local organizations.
Thomas Cave, Committee Member
Dan March, Mayor Pro Tem
Currently there are six vacancies on the Historic Preservation Advisory Committee. If you are interested in joining the commission, please submit an application.
Who Can Apply?
- Residents of the Town of Frederick
What do I need to include in my application?
- Complete the Online Application
- An applicant may choose to provide a letter of interest and/or resume
Are there any restrictions?
- Members may not have direct or indirect financial or economic interest in any business or undertaking that may have business before the Board/Commission/Committee for which the applicant is applying.
How do I submit my materials?
- Please complete an online application.
When does the Board consider applications?
- Biannually - Generally in May and October
Is there an interview process?
- Applicants are required to attend an interview with representative(s) from the Board. Interviews are scheduled in May and October of each year.
What is the process of appointment?
- The interview panelists will make a recommendation to the Board of Trustees following interviews. The recommended applicant(s) will be invited to an upcoming Board meeting for appointment by the Board of Trustees.
If you have any questions regarding Boards, Commissions, or Committees, or would like information about agendas and/or minutes, please contact the Town Clerk's Office at 720.382.5500.
Around Frederick was written in 2013 by Historic Preservation Commissioner Sean Scott. The publication contains a history of the Town of Frederick as well as photos and stories generously donated by members of the Frederick and Carbon Valley Community.