Mission, Vision & Values
To foster an exceptional and inclusive community that is Built on What Matters.
Building a safe, inviting, and culturally vibrant community which fosters economic growth and opportunity, while preserving our heritage.
Built on What Matters
Creating a culture of FAMILY where individuals feel RESPECTED and EMPOWERED by others and are DEDICATED to our Town.
|A group of people who all support one another without condition.||Showing kindness and thoughtful regard for others. Treating others as you would have them treat you.||To build confidence in others through encouragement and motivation.||A person who has the desire and ability to perform excellent work and in doing so creates and extraordinary experience for you and those around you.|
Family is not...
Respect is not...
Empower is not...
Dedicated is not...
The 5 W's of FRED
WHO is FRED for?
FRED is for all of us! It gives us a clear and concise standard to follow and holds ourselves and others up to the vision. By keeping ourselves accountable to this standard, we create an inclusive and productive work environment of which we can be proud.
WHAT is FRED?
FRED stands for Family, Respect, Empower, and Dedicated. We are creating a culture of Family where individuals feel Respected and Empowered by others and are Dedicated to the Town.
WHEN does FRED matter?
The best way to answer this question is with examples:
- When someone asks for help, you help without conditions. That is part of being a family.
- When you hear gossip, stop that person and ask why they feel the need to talk behind that person’s back instead of confronting the problem head-on? That is respect.
- When someone makes a mistake, turn it into a learning opportunity by teaching them the proper way. Then, trust that they learned from their mistake and avoid micromanagement. That is empowerment.
- When someone is doing the bare minimum, help to evaluate if they are implementing the FRED culture. If someone is a part of the Family, feels Respected and Empowered, they will be Dedicated.
WHERE is FRED used?
FRED is not just a work thing! It can be something we live every day. They are core values that make us good people.
WHY does FRED help us to achieve our goals?
- Our daily goal should be to create a desirable work environment.
- We want everyone to be excited to come to work; NOT scared.
- There is a direct correlation between how someone is treated and how they perform.
- Our daily goal should be to connect with people, to help them realize their gifts, and share those gifts so that they can go home each day feeling fulfilled.
- If we work as a family, respect and empower one another, that takes dedication, and there is no task that we cannot accomplish at the highest level.