The Finance Department manages and accounts for the Town's financial resources. This department prepares and monitors the annual budget, invests Town funds to protect assets, maintains fiscal liquidity and maximizes income in compliance with all governing financial and accounting laws.
In addition, the department provides financial information, and support to all Town departments, boards, authorities, and commissions.
The Finance Department serves as a strategic business partner to:
- Promote actions to achieve the Town's priorities
- Provide excellent service to internal and external customers
- Establish and maintain sound financial policies
- Deliver a clear and accurate picture of the Town's current and future financial position
- Improve the effectiveness, efficiency, and integration of the Town's business processes
- Proactively report on, analyze, and recommend actions for improvement
A public hearing on the proposed 2023 Budget and mill levy certification will be held at the regular meeting of the Town Board at the Town Hall, 401 Locust Street, on November 8 and December 13 at 7 pm. You may inspect the proposed 2023 Budget and file or register objections or suggestions before adopting the 2023 Budget.
Your insights are valued and enable the Town to make informed decisions! Please plan to attend these meetings.