Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
By order of the Board of Trustees at last night’s regular board meeting, all Town of Frederick playground equipment and park restrooms are closed until further notice to limit the spread of COVID-19. Outdoor park spaces and trails are open to the public; however, social and physical distancing practices are advised. Notices will be posted at Town-owned playgrounds advising residents of the closures.
According to the Colorado Department of Public Health & Education (CDPHE), Playgrounds are designed to bring kids together in healthy, social ways. With current rates of widespread community transmission, unfortunately that social interaction between children from different households is counter-productive to effective public health social distancing.
Safety and the well-being of our community remain our top priority. While park spaces and trails remain open in Frederick, residents are encouraged to practice social and physical distancing.
Here’s how you can help:
• Stay informed! Visit FrederickCO.gov/Covid19 for information, resources and links to reliable sources.
• Read the CDPHE “Guidance for Parks and Playgrounds.”
• Limit your group to less than ten people when visiting a park in our community.
• If you or your children are experiencing any symptoms, such as cough, shortness of breath, runny nose or fever, stay at home.
• If you are healthy and going outdoors, pack your hand sanitizer/wash and keep a safe distance from others.
• Maintain a distance of 6-feet between yourself and others.
• Avoid popular areas where people may congregate, such as Milavec Lake and dog parks.
The Town is in close and regular contact with the Carbon Valley Emergency Management Agency and the Weld County Health Department. We are continuing to closely monitor the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment and CDC.
We encourage residents to enjoy the outdoors, exercise and get fresh air responsibly. By taking these measures, we are doing our part to stop the spread of COVID-19.