At the last board meeting, the Frederick Board of Trustees approved an intergovernmental agreement (IGA) with Miners Village Metropolitan District (MVMD) to make critical road improvements near Colorado Boulevard and State Highway 52 (SH 52) that will accommodate and entice future development.
In the IGA, Frederick agrees to construct and pay $1,105,000 for the following improvements:
• Short extension of 5th St. across Colorado Blvd.
• Roundabout at intersection of Colorado Blvd. and 5th St.
• Roundabout at intersection of Colorado Blvd. and 13th St.
• As an alternate if funds permit, Frederick will construct additional capacity to accommodate the westbound SH52 traffic turning northbound onto Colorado Blvd.
In addition, MVMD agrees to construct and pay $1,000,000 for the following improvements:
• Improving SH 52 and Flying Circle Blvd. intersection including installation of a complete four-direction traffic signal and the extension of William Bailey Dr. north of SH 52 for approximately 1,000 feet
• Establishing acceleration/deceleration lanes on SH 52 adjacent to Flying Circle Blvd.
“This is a great example of a public-private partnership where both sides are working together to create improvements key to encouraging economic development within our community,” said Mayor Tony Carey. “The kinds of businesses we are trying to attract in terms of retail and primary employment want to start with a property that is shovel-ready with infrastructure already in place.”
Coordination of this project will be handled by MVMD and the Town will pay 5% of the project cost to MVMD for construction management and oversight. MVMD will also coordinate the bidding of the project, which is currently in the design phase. Construction is expected to begin in approximately 90 days. You can stay up to date on all of Frederick’s road construction projects by signing up for email updates below.