- Contractors must have a current license with the Town of Frederick. If the license is not current, the building permit fee is subject to a double permitting fee.
- A building permit will not be issued if all contractors listed are not up to date with licensing through the Town.
- License must be renewed every year. If you had a license before 2022, your license expired December 31, 2021, even if you renewed it later in the year. Starting 2022, a contractors license will be good for a year from the date of renewal.
- Fill out the contractors license and return by email to email@example.com or return in person to Town Hall 401 Locust Street.
If landscaping or building materials will be left in the street, please submit a material drop permit. Materials can be left in the street for up to 72 hours only. Traffic control cones must be set up around the materials. Dumpsters may not be left in a street or alley. Dumpsters must stay inside the residents property lines. If the dumpster are left in the street, they are subject to ticketing. DO NOT block right of ways such as alleys and streets for emergency reasons.
What to include with the application
- Application (a new application is required each year with renewal)
- Plumbers and Electricians must provide their State and Master license.
- Liability insurance is required. License will not be issued if there is not a copy of the insurance. (updated insurance is required each year with renewal)
- Workers Comp insurance ifs applicable.