The Town of Frederick understands the response to COVID-19 can lead to economic hardship. Until further notice, the Town of Frederick has suspended late fees and water shut-offs due to delinquent payments to ensure all customers have access to this vital resource. You can continue to pay online, mail-in payments or pay over the phone. We are available to help customers pay their bill at 720.382.5500, Monday through Friday, from 9 am to 4 pm.
Utility payments can be made with a credit card, debit card, or electronic funds transfer over the phone by calling us at 720.382.5500, Monday through Friday between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Payments made by phone will post to your account within 1 business day.
Utility payments can be made by mail at any time. We accept personal checks, money orders, and cashiers checks sent by mail. Please be sure to include the payment stub from your bill so that your payment is applied properly.
Utility payments can be made in person at Town Hall, 401 Locust, Frederick, Colorado. Our office hours are Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. After hours payments can also be made at Town Hall in the drop box located to the left of the front doors. Payments made in the drop box after 5 p.m. will not be credited to your account until the next business day.
If you are on a tight budget, fixed income or just want to know about how much your utility bill will be each month, our Budget Billing program may be for you. Budget Billing is a free payment plan that lets you spread out your payments throughout the year. You will be paying approximately the same amount each month, based on an average of your previous 12 months usage. Visit Budget Billing to learn about this service.
Schedule Payment Arrangements
Your water and/or electric service can be discontinued if payment on your account is not received by the due date. We understand that there are times when circumstances can make it difficult to meet your monthly bills. If you have a past due balance, please call our Utility Billing Technician 720.382.5500 to make arrangements to bring your account up to date. You are eligible for payment arrangements if you meet all of the following criteria:
- You are a homeowner or a tenant that has your landlord's approval.
- You are not currently on a payment plan to pay off a past-due balance.
- You have not broken a payment arrangement with us in the last 13 months.
- If you are attempting to set up payment arrangements in order to avoid a disconnection, you must make those arrangements by calling 720.382.5500 before 5:00 pm on the first Tuesday of the month.
- Your request may be denied if you still owe money on a previous payment plan with us.
- Your request may be denied if you rent the property and your landlord will not approve the payment plan.
- Your request may be denied if you have not honored a payment plan that was made with us in the past 13 months.
- If you do not make the payments as determined in the payment plan agreement, we have the option to immediately disconnect your service for non-payment.
- Once your service is disconnected, we require the full balance due on the account plus a restoration fee be paid before service will be restored.
Need Help Paying Your Electric Bill?
If you are having trouble paying your electric bill, LEAP may be able to help. LEAP is the Low-Income Energy Assistance Program that helps Colorado residents pay their winter (November 1st - April 30th) electric bills. The Colorado Department of Human Services administers the program using Energy Outreach Colorado and federal funds. To apply contact Energy Outreach Colorado.