Land Use Applications
Development Review Process
The development review process differs slightly based on the application type. View application types here Version Options Land Use Application Center Headline Development Review Process Development Review Process Development Review Process Development Review Process.
Pre-application meetings are required for all land use projects. See the link below to access our form. Please submit the form to the Planner On Duty.
Pre-Applications are held Monday through Thursday, starting between 9am and 10:30am. Times may vary based on staff availability. Pre-Application meetings are held in person at Town Hall (401 Locust St.) and online through Microsoft Teams.
- Pre-Application Meeting Form
- Administrative Pre-Application Packet
- Minor Pre-Application Packet
- Major Pre-Application Packet
Neighborhood meetings shall be held following the pre-application meeting to provide an opportunity for neighboring property owners to view the proposed development prior to formal submittal to the Town. Neighborhood meeting dates will be posted on the Town Meetings Calendar.
Neighborhood meetings are held Monday through Thursday at 5pm depending on staff availability.
Version Options Land Use Appli
- Application packages shall be submitted no later than 5 p.m. on Wednesday each week to be routed on Monday the following week. Review of the project may be delayed if the application fee check is not received by the submittal deadline or if the application is received after the deadline.
- After the completeness check is conducted staff will determine if more information is needed. Staff will provide a list of the outstanding items to the applicant.
- Applications which are too large to be attached to an email can be shared via a Dropbox link or any other cloud option. If you would like a Dropbox folder created for your submittal, please coordinate with Town staff.
- Before submitting your application, please view all application submittal requirements for your project type and notice of application requirements. ://www.frederickco.gov/1055/application-submittal-requirements https://www.frederickco.gov/1055/application-submittal-requirements
Please view the fee schedule for the cost of each application type. Checks are currently the only accepted payment method for application fees. Checks can be dropped off at or mailed to Town Hall.