Applications & Fees
See below for the various applications, licenses, permits, etc., the Town of Frederick offers through the Planning Department.
- Pre-Application Meeting
- Fee Schedule
- Land Use Application
- Temporary Use Permit
- Backyard Chicken License
- Beekeeping License
- Other (Building Permit, Sign Permit, Business License, etc.)
Pre-application meetings are required for all land use projects. See the link below to access our form. Please submit the form to the Planner On Duty.
Pre-Applications are held Monday through Thursday, starting between 9am and 10:30am. Times may vary based on staff availability. Pre-Application meetings are held in person at Town Hall (401 Locust St.) and through Microsoft Teams.
- Land Use Application
- Appendix A (Land Use Application Submittal Requirements)
- Mineral Rights Certification
Application packages shall be submitted no later than 5 p.m. on Wednesday each week. Review of the project may be delayed if the application fee check is not received by the submittal deadline.
Applications received after the deadline will not be reviewed until the next review cycle (Wednesday of the following week).
Land use application packages are reviewed for completeness on Thursday and Friday following the Wednesday submittal deadline.
After the Completeness Check is conducted, applicants will receive an email stating whether or not the application package is sufficient to move forward in the review process. If more information is needed, this email will contain a list of the outstanding items.
*The Temporary Use Application process will be available January 1, 2024. Until then, please reach out to the Public Works Department.
Fill out the Temporary Use Application Form and email to the Planner on Duty. For more information on Temporary Use Permits and how they differ from Special Events, please visit Special Event & Temporary Use Permits
*For anything which includes the use of right-of-way property, the application will be forwarded to the Engineering Department. A traffic plan may be required.
The bylaws of many homeowner association (HOA) do not allow poultry of any kind. The Town of Frederick encourages residents to research their individual homeowner association regulations.
If chickens are allowed by your HOA, here are the rules within the Town of Frederick:
- Up to six (6) hens may be kept.
- Roosters are not permitted.
- No on-site slaughtering is allowed.
- A license is required to legally have backyard chickens on your property. The license is free, will only be issued once, and is not required to be renewed.
The bylaws of many homeowner association (HOA) do not allow bees or insects of any kind. The Town of Frederick encourages residents to research their individual HOA regulations.
If bee keeping is allowed by your HOA, here are a few things to know about what the Town of Frederick permits:
- Bee colonies shall be kept in hives with movable frames, which shall be kept in sound and usable condition.
- Hives must be located in the rear yard.
- Hives must be located at least five feet (5’) from a property line.
- A fresh supply of water shall be provided for all hives.
- Africanized bees and hybrids of Africanized bees are prohibited.
- A license is required to legally keep bees on your property. The license is free, will only be issued once, and is not required to be renewed.
Contact the Town Clerk's office at email@example.com to inquire about short term rental requirements.